Monday, November 22, 2010

last night's dream




















Such an odd dream last night.
When I wake up after a dream- I can usually have a sense of what my dream meant. I can gauge the use of symbols and usually don't even need to look up the dream for clarification. 
It really worries me then,
when the dream is so random
that I cant draw my own conclusions-
no matter how odd they are.
When I literally have no idea what my dream was about.
It unsettles me for the day…
So I'm sitting here with my dream dictionary in hand,
Hoping it will shed some light because
The only conclusion I have drawn-
is that my mind is trying desperately to secape the current situation I am in.
And that frightens me.
ok.
That shed no light what so ever.
That frightens me even more.

I dreamt that I was in a resturaunt…maybe a fancy hotel - and I went to the kitchens to ask if there would be a vegetarian option the next day - because I was attending a wedding.
i just walked right to the kitchen door…
a bit brazen - but I can be like that in dreams I guess…
So - the floor manager or someone came to the door - behind him a hive of activity. The kitchen was white - lots of men wearing chefs' uniforms…hats…white head to toe. The man that came to the door was wearing a black suit.
I asked him what was on the menu for the following day. He said roast chicken. I told him I was a vegetarian…
He turned to a chef close to him and told him to put a chicken in olive oil (because the rest of the chickens were marinading in duck oil?)
And I didn't bat and eyelid at that.
I thanked him - for making the allowance…
It was so clear…I usually can never remember what was said in dreams. 
But it was very clear - and it was all taken from my point of view. Which is quite strange for me normally. But it's been happening more and more recently.
And the dreams I've been having have all been quite short. Nothing really happens in them.
I just...
This last one is just so random.
And I woke up immediately after it thinking,
"What the fuck - that's not a vegetarian option…"
and then…
"What the actual fuck was that about?"
The only explanation is that things in my waking life are far too complex for me to try and work out in my dream life.
My sub conscious is retreating and giving me other things - a break from all the things I think about during the day.
I should be grateful…I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment