Monday, November 8, 2010

thinking

back before there were blogs, and people spent the majority of they're time on facebook...bebo...myspace...and the like...
I used to document everything, and I mean everything in my diary...
I don't even know where I found the time to get it all down on those pages...and seriously, its all there. Full conversations, practically word for word...
Every note someone gave me, no matter how obscure, i just collected everything, wrote it all down...got people to sign it, and write me little notes and things...
Maybe because my camera at the time was pretty rubbish, I decided I would take pictures of my day with my words...so detailed that even when I read over it now, I may have totally forgotten something that happened, but once I begin to read it, it all comes flooding back to me...things I could never have taken a photograph of...things that no one would have been able to.
Feelings, emotions, hopes and dreams.

This page haunts me from time to time. It follows a note, around the middle mark of the book, that one of the girls wrote. Its about my first kiss, dated December 4, 2003, age 16.
Actual first kiss

I know...I was a bit late...

But yes...

Even this is documented, by the kisser, not the kissey (moi)

And the kiss. Which was perfect...I'm sure very few people can say that their first kiss was perfect...

I like the like 'dreams can come true'...written so wistfully.
It was a dream come true, then, in my 16 year old self.
I could not have possibly been any happier.

I think dreams are very important...the ones we have when were asleep, along with the ones we have when we are awake. Dreams give shape to our otherwise pretty random and often times, shapeless lives.
If you have a dream, you have something to look forward to. To reach for. To aspire to. To hope for.

And while not all dreams can come true, the journey along the way...each cloud we touch down on...is a breather, an experience...a learning curve and a memory...

Could you imagine a world without dreams?

I'd rather not

It's my dreams that keep me going.

Sometimes they are all I have

2 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me this story for the first time, it's so beautiful and odd, and that's the best kind of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beauty that takes you out of yourself...makes you realize who you are...and allows you to see the world in a totally different way...
    im thinking of posting more kylemore stuff...mite be on the kylemore specific blog tho...so keep an eye out :)
    i miss you dearest, hope we can touch base over christmas perhaps? x

    ReplyDelete