Saturday, November 6, 2010

some of my favorite things

these are a few of my favorite things…

Johhny the homicidal maniac…would you call it a graph novel…or a comic book…im not quite sure what exactly the difference is…ive been meaning to get it since my plc course…thats 5 years ago…and i still haven't gotten around to it. This christmas i think its time…
I was either reading I Feel Sick in the prefab, or talking about it with some of the others, when one of the girls offered to lend me her copy of Johhny…which i ate up the entirety of that night…couldn't put it down…at all…


I Feel Sick…did lauren introduce this to me in Kylemore…so much of my life is a blur now…
Me and bon bon use to read it on my bed, when there was nothing else to do…which was most of the time…
I love it so much..i wish a third one came out…
Then Kabuki, Skin Deep, by David Mack…this was the first comic i found all by myself…and i love it…i swooned over it for months, until i could afford to buy it…now i just need the rest in the series…i think theres four altogether…but its beautiful is it not…im lending it to mum for her to read at work tonight…hope she likes it…









And DC's The Books of Magic…Jane gave me one years ago that she found in that second hand book/music store in Galway…the one with the car in it, down by irish ink…because she liked the drawings in it and thought i would too…i did of course and ive been collecting them, quite sporadically for the last few years…they are always under a euro or two…so i got a handful when i was in london this summer…and occasionally i find them here…i have 9 so far… no. 21, 27, 31, 33, 34, 35, 62 and 64…im missing quite a few…i want to get some from the beginning…its strange being in the middle of a story, and trying to figure out what in the hell came before…and that jump from 35 to 62…well its annoying.
I need more Books of Magic ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment