Thursday, October 21, 2010

deer heart

I was born on the coldest day of the year...and I was the only baby girl born...that week I think.
And so, I love the cold. And Austria is just the right type of cold.
Its the type of cold the creeps in through the layers of lovely grey clothes your wearing and chills your neck...
The kind of cold that catches hold of your breath and colours it in white.
Alex shivered and huddled all the way back to her apartment block...but I just embraced it
I love when the tip of my nose gets so cold that when i scrunch it up, it just stays there for a split second...
I heart the cold.

I feel like im on a different planet, never mind a different country...
When we were coming in to land I looked out the window, and their fields are so different to ours...they come in all different colours...shades of greena and gold...and iodine...if you can believe that. But there are all perfectly measured...Long lengths that look like 'tooties'...those chewy sweets that are supposed to look like pasta...you get them in cinemas...etc...
The Rusty, orange roofs on all the buildings...small and large, covered in solar panels...every available inch on one side of the roofs...chock full....and there are fields that are just solar panels too...glistening in the sun.
The forestry, which is more then likely managed, i would hazard a guess...fits in with the landscape, so that it looks like it was always there...and the land, which was neither flat, or mountainous in Memmingham, where i landed...just sort of gently rolling...like waves. The forests collect in the lows, and cluster at the crests...And they're mixed...so they look more natureal. Evergreen and decidious, rubbing shoulders with each other...

There was an american couple sitting next to me on the plane, a little older then me, i think. They were very obviously in love. Her hand was running through his hair, while he kissed her unoccupied hand and leaning in to her...Then when we took off, they curled up together, like two contented cats, and fell asleep...I dozed off a few times, but woke every time there was a major change in my music, which was about every 3 minutes...because it was set on shuffle...
There was also a croud of between 15-18 year olds...im guessing...who were up the top, singing man unt songs...ooggie ooggie oggie...and lets go fucking mental....im thinking there may be a match on...or they are just retards...and have no respect for the other passengers...who consisted of all ages, the youngiest, a little tot, prolie 9mths old...who wasnt impressed with anything happenning...



When i woke up this morning, i had no recollection of what i was doing, where i was, or where i was meant to be going at half 5 in the morning...sleep deprivation is certainly taking its toll on my grey matter...the walk from bronwyn's house to the bus station, had my nerves racked...galway scares, and yet facinates me...there was more broken glass on the foot path, then i think ive ever seen in the place...and i could see the stars...which made me smile:) delivery trucks and people...a few people walking hurridly places...and two winos in eyre square argueing...or maybe they were left overs from the pub...but i crossed the street to avoid them anyway...
Dublin airport confused me, as i thought it would. i...yeah...i think they changed the gate...but it didnt matter, i obviously got there in the end. I dont get as stressed when im traveling on my own...so it was fine really

But a purple snack bar and a handful of crackers wasnt going to keep the wolves from the door for long, so when we got to lindaou, me and al hopped off the train and ran to mc donals...because there was nothing open, and she had no food at home...they have veggie burgers over here...amazing...very surprised by that...
and it wasnt bad...
i never EVER eat that stuff...so when i do, my stomach makes me totally aware of what has just happened...but i think ill be ok. i think my body was so in need of any type of food that it was happy...

also....in the train ticket place...this guy seriously held the que up for about 30 mins...not exaggerating...becasue he was buy UP THE SHOP....i thought i was going to kills him...
but o so polite...

yes yes...so far so good..
met chelsea, alexs best friend here...shes lovely...think i mite stick her into the suitcase and bring her home, just to make me laugh. shes really funny...i was lolling, alot...
and scot...i think ill get on with him


me and al are going to a bakery in the morning, to get nibbles...and then i dont know

but, ill let you know, when i do

x

4 comments:

  1. Austria is the most ridiculously beautiful place.. Tell Al that she should hit up the christmas markets in Vienna, and go to Graz, it's full of to the brim of lovely austrian hippies.
    Have fun deary,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Pertisau am Achensee. It looks like paradise, I've wanted to go there forever.. I read a story set there when I was like 12 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random bits of advise...were in Dornbirn...but ill google them and see how far they are from here...al seems to think that Graz is about 6 hours away so...well see :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I meant for Al to visit in general, perhaps not necessarily while you're there. Hope you're having a lovely time, xxx

    ReplyDelete