Saturday, October 2, 2010

What a very apt question...

Day 26- What you think about your friends


I dont think alot of my friends know me...really know me.
And I think alot of them would agree with me, when I say that.
They wouldn't get offended...or be surprised that I had said that
They would just take it as probably true.


I love my friends...I love them all very deeply.
Old ones, and new ones, the same.
I usually dont show it enough, how much I love them
I think its because Im scared.
Im scared that if they knew how much I cared about them
And needed them, they would see me as a burden of some kind...
Or some sort of extra responsibility.
People like their friends to come and go...
not to be there all the time


I really love people, but I  find it easier to be on my own
Because it hurts too much to say good bye
And I have built up such a shield, that saying goodbye, 
Doesnt even make me flinch anymore
I remember...you remember, when I used to be distraught


I think Im getting that way again
Im starting to feel again
It petrifies me


But I love my friends
I wish they knew me better
I wish I could open up and let them know everything
But, I think, if they really knew me
They wouldnt want to know me anymore
And friendless i would be


So I keep quiet...and listen to them
Agree with things
Keep quiet on things i dont


I wish I was stronger
I wish I could open up
And let them know


But,
I dont even know who I am
So how can I expect them to...


One day
Maybe
Till then
I love them
I love them all
Very very much 


X

No comments:

Post a Comment