Saturday, January 1, 2011

Always Believe


It's not about being positive, or being negative.
It's about belief
Belief in the possibility that things could get better
That they hold within them, the potential to turn around and surprise you.
That things will get better.
It has nothing to do with being positive.
You don't have to go around smiling at every Tom, Dick and Harry all day,
Hopeing that that might change your fate...
But we all know that a smile goes a long way, and its not going to crack your face now, is it?
So you mite as well, right?
Besides...everyone looks better when they smile :)

After not getting to bed till about 5 this morning, I didn't bother setting my alarm.
I believed that Liudas would give me fair warning before popping in, he always does.
So, when his txt woke me at 10 past 12, saying he would be there in an hour or so, it gave me plenty of time to get up, and get dressed.
There's something about the Christmas Period...everyone wants to look nice, don't they?
We all want to look our absolute best...or at least I do. I'll speak for myself so. I don't think there has been one day since all the festivities began, where I have not worn some form of heel...and some little frock...carefully picked...more carefully then I would normally, anyway. 
And today, the first day of the year, was no different.
It is nice, to look nice, after all.

The first thing I saw when I looked out the kitchen window this morning was two magpies, sitting on the drive, side by side...
Two for Joy

I knew that it would be a flying visit, as it always is, so when the dogs started barking, I went out to meet the car. Dad called after me, to make sure that Liudas actually entered the house. 
It's good luck, for the first visitor you receive on New Year's Day, to be a man...and even better luck if he doesn't have red hair. So bearing that in mind, eventhough Liudas lept out of the car with gift in hand, looking like he was about to turn on his heel to make his escape (^_^) I insisted he at least cross the threshold, because mum and dad believed it to be good luck. And good luck is a nice thing to enter a home...

I went for a walk down to the river today with the dogs...just leading into dusk. 
I cant honestly remember the last time I went for a walk with them...with the weather we've been having lately, it is lovely to look at, but a bit dangerous to be walking the fields in.
I really enjoyed it tho. I love sticking my docs on (shoes that hardly ever see the light of day) to tramp down the damp grass. Everything looked so green this evening...and the dogwood and briars were so red...the contrast...well I just couldn't get over it.
And there was a split second where I thought a cuckoo...but after listening on awhile, 
I realized my ears were playing tricks on me...its far too early for cuckoos!

I caught the second half of The Prisoner of Azkaban...and the second half of Wall. E which had me teary eyed at the end...I will get it, the next time I see it somewhere and watch it from start to finish...Such a good second half of a movie...Im sure the first half must have been just as good ;)

Then, because my parents (namely father) are feeling worse for ware after last night, they went to bed between 8 and 9...so...with just myself for company, I watched the BBC's version of Oliver that Jane lent me a little while ago.
O.M.G
What a fantastic version.
No singing, No dancing.
It was proper, on the edge of your seat stuff.
And I did NOT want it to end...
Another dvd going on the wish list.


So, all in all...
Ive had a very nice first day of the year. 
1 down
364 more, blissful, wonderful, happy, productive days left !

:)




1 comment:

  1. We can tell other people about having faith. About what we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have.

    THAT decides the future. - Solid Snake.

    Oh, didn't expect a video game character said that! Did ya!?? XP

    ReplyDelete