Monday, January 3, 2011

recap the 2nd

Yesterday was one of those, "things don't get much better then this" days. Got up, put on one of my favorite dresses (which makes me look like an vibrant bluebird, if you don't mind). Did some finishing touches to Jane's birthday present, and donned my lovely winter coat to set off for the totally impromptu, surprise landing, of this little bird, on the doorstep of the Page's home, heralding a short poem I came up with on the way (thinking that the 2nd was Jane's birthday, when it was actually yesterday 0.0) 
The walk over was lovely and much needed. It was so nice to stretch out my legs and get some pace up because walking the dogs down the fields doesn't really cut it for exercise to be honest. 
I was met at the door with excited Zara and Towser, that always greet me first before anyone else, and seemingly Pat was saying, that the two of them came bounding from all different directions a split second before I turned the key in the door. Such a lovely way to be welcomed...happy happy dogs :)
Then Jane with open arms, which I refused, in order to give my little verse some breathing space...quite funny that I got the dates mixed up...a bit typical of me, but its the thought that counts really, isn't it? :)

Pat, lovely as ever, was there...and to warm my bones, a hot port was speedily served up, and then we all 3 snuggled down and awaited the arrival of Meabh's guests.
I tell ya...for there not being a party, to there being a full blow party that could nearly rival any Carroll Shindig...we had Italian Champagne, more hot ports, peppermint tea, fruit flan, kinder bueno, and on top of all that, a full spread of crusty bread, mixed salad leaves, mature white cheddar, mozzarella, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, this lovely salad dressing that had fresh garlic thinly sliced in it...among other goodies...It was simply divine !

Then myself, Aidan, Jane, Pat and her husband Ron, settled down in the living room to watch The Moon and the Sledgehammer which was so interesting...I didn't want it to end. Towser tried his luck numerous times to get up on the couch, where there was literally no room for a gerbil, nevermind a fully grown male whippet...the lovely thing that he is (^_^)

So So nice.

AND...I get to hang out with the kids either Friday or Saturday, which should be good fun as we all get on really well :D

Eoghain, being as good as gold, picked me up on his way home, after midnight, when it really was Jane's birthday...so it was nice to actually be able to say Happy Birthday...seeing as I had mucked it up earlier :)

AND...then, Jane rang me today...and among other things, she told me that I was absolutely glowing yesterday, which was such a nice thing to be told. I think we notice when someone is not ok, or their in fowl humor...and we ask what is troubling them, or what their problem is, or we steer clear of them...We often down take stock of someone when they are happy...or cheery...because we sort of just expect that everyone should be happy, that when we do see it, we don't pay any attention. So I really appreciated that she rang to tell me that...what did she say...it was so lovely...I think it was something along the lines of..."you were warm...and very tactile...and...you would make someone want to sit with you..."
I like that last little bit the best...that made my day
Thank you Jane 
<3



4 comments:

  1. oh dear richael .....
    I am smiling a big big smile reading this ......YOU made the day special and it was all about the intention and the moment , I loved my birthday rhyme and when you said it was the PERFECT time :)
    Thank you for this lovely post which reflectts back the day\s perfectly.
    Yes you were and are special special company in all your beautiful hues of colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian 'Champagne' is called 'Prosecco'

    ReplyDelete