Thursday, December 9, 2010

...

No, I didn't find what I was looking for...which is just great...
But, rest assured that it will all get sorted in time, or at least that is what Im telling myself...
For now, here are some quick picks from the day...after I came in from the shed to find nothing that I was looking for...I mite start opening boxes tomorrow...or I might just leave it and reprint the thing Im looking for.........



This little guy, sitting next the the very first owl I ever made...a couple years ago...is for me...for keeps...because he. is. just. too. cute. to let fly off...I love the odd buttons...the slightly off beak...and the colours in general...he's a sweetie canary bird...not an owl at all, I don't think...so cheeky looking...


My little troupe of owls...and my owl hand singer. Love that thing...even if i never use it...its still nice to have and look at...






Just so you get an idea of scale and use.


And again...birdies...they really *pop* against that yummy blue...



I think Ive gone off the idea of eating...not really sure what is wrong with me, but I just cant be bothered with it anymore. Its too much effort ALL THE TIME...I just sort of want someone else to do it for me...and eat it for me...and fill my belly for me...so I don't have to think and cook and chew and swallow...so today...after no thought or effort, I made tomato soup...with spinach and linseed and sesame seeds and tabasco sauce...it was alright...but..yeh...wasn't exactly inspiring...


Then, because I am actually so sick of tea...I made a frothy coffee, which was alright...its more of an excuse to use my cute little blue Denby mugs, cuz mum wanted one too...I <3 mugs...I have a collection that is steadily growing, eventhough I have no where to put them...and really...you can only use one mug at a time...why I need one in every colour/style/size/genre/weight etc, is beyond me...but I love them...I love them when they have matching saucers...and when they don't...and I love having loads of different ones...lots of different shapes and pictures and sizes...Denby and Royal Tara are my favorites so far...but Im open to suggestion...and taking in strays...when ever they are offered to me...


Mum and dad had bacon and cabbage again...thats twice in the last two weeks...Im starting to wonder about them..And also started wondering about what I was going to have for dinner, that would take minimal effort...time and basically no clean up...so pasta it was, with green peppers, cucumber, those little sweet/hot red peppers...some philly and some natural yoghurt...so quick and simple and tasty...




These are the handmade labels for all the little critters and broaches...The heart is a spongy sticker...that Ive been saving for special occasions...I need to stop being so precious with things...I cant take them with me once Im gone...mite as well use them while Im here...yes ?? :)




I watched Chaseing Amy, for the first time, ever…today, when I was making labels for the owls and bits and pieces…It is SO funny…I cant believe I hadn't seen it till now…there are so many one liners that actually had me in stitches…definitely better then Mallrats…Im not sure which one came first, but Chaseing Amy is…well its something else, thats for sure. Makes me miss Jersey, and long for whatever sort of misspent teenage-hood I would have had, if we had stayed…
Parallel universes and all that…
Sophie used to say…"in a parallel universe, where my hair is straight, and so are you"…she was a funny ole thing…
But it does make me wonder, what if…and so on and so forth…I know there is little point, and Im not one to dwell in the past, or long for by gone days…or even reminisce…its all, past, present and future, very…fluid. I don't really feel like there is much of a difference….
Its just…its all so different…My past, I don't even see it as my own…because its so different, to my present.
There isn't a clear, defined cadence…it didn't go smoothly from one thing to the next, to the next…
Rambelling…right, any way…tomorrow should be something else, altogether. Have to go to town, need to drop off my little bundles of j.o.y. to Jane, then sit in the car for a few hours up to Monaghan…finally going up…like a week later 0.0 to see herself…and then down again, nearly as soon as we get there, so were home before nightfall…

Im going to post off my drivers thingy…now that Ive come across it again. Hopefully get that sorted…so I can start driving in January…and have my test over and done with before April…Im being optimistic, I know…better late then never I guess…

I need to sort out a few Christmas presents over the weekend…there are people that I wish I didn't have to get for, but I know that they are getting me things, so I HAVE to get for them…Im all about giving…Id be quite happy if I didn't get anything off anyone, that would be ideal, because then I would be able to give to the select few who I love and adore, instead of feeling to need to get silly token presents for everyone, just to cover my ass…there really isn't anything worse then showing up somewhere and someone you didn't expect hands you something…and I know that its all about the giving at christmas, but it REALLY isn't with some people…you see that look in their eye when you take whatever it is off them…that "where's mine" look…that look that scares the very life out of me…
So im just going to go through a list of people I know Im getting things off…get them lovely things, and then cover the rest of them…
Christmas really shouldn't be like that…but what can you do…what can you do.
I would rather get a card, with lovely things written in it, then some meaningless trinket, or bit of nothingness…Id rather get nothing, then something that is forced. 

And so, with that little chuck of junk I leave you...the internet is finally working properly for the first time all day...and I vow to be in bed before 3 a.m.....I need to be functioning tomorrow, so help me...if its the last thing I do



2 comments:

  1. I dare you ....just give to those that are in your heart,
    stop any pretense now....then they will stop aswell and you will feel freer and truer to you (and that is all that matters)
    life is too short to do things that have no positive meaning and you shelly are well able to stand strong .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just what I needed to hear :) xxx

    ReplyDelete