Friday, December 3, 2010

Sick Day


Ever since, I grew up...I guess you could say...
Whenever I've gotten sick...because I'm older now and everything, and I've had to start looking after myself...the one antidote I can count on, and I take by the truckload are heaps and heaps of Harry Potter.
I remember when I got Crypto, in Riverside...the first year me and Alex lived together in Galway...I was so so so ill that I really did think I was going to die...honestly...no exaggeration...I think the only movie we had was the 4th one, as well...but it didn't matter...I just had it on replay...and it really was the only thing that brought me any comfort...that was a rough few weeks, I can tell you
I wouldn't wish that shit on Voldemort...

I feel like a slight poser...but I think I've made up for it in recent years...I don't know what it is with me, but I usually go away from hype...I just...don't go there...and if someone is telling me "you must, you must you must..." I usually stay away, and don't...I'm trying to break that habit, because its stupid...but anyway...when Harry Potter first came out, I avoided it like the plague...I didn't want anything to do with it...mostly because I thought it was going to be pure shite, and I wouldn't like it, what would be the point...blah blah blah...
Then, in first year here, I was either given the first book, or, seeing as things had died down a bit, I decided I would investigate, and see what all the fuss was about...(much like what I did with Twilight).
I got about halfway through the first book, then had to start reading the Hobbit for school (and I cant read more then one book at a time)...so Harry Potter got left to the side...

I don't think I got back into it, until the 4th movie came out...then I totally fell in love...Im not sure what did it for me...but that movie...well as Ive already said, its a complete tonic...but yeah...that really sealed the deal...


I think, maybe in a strange way, Harry Potter reminded me of Kylemore...(something else that is like a love story...or affair...or saga in my mind)...and because of that, it equals instant comfort and happiness...but also...I did read all the books, and I read them all over again last summer...and they are amazing. They are very very well written (unlike Twilight, which appears to be written by a blind, handless, sock, devoid of imagination or sense)...so much so, that you can easily read them over and over again...which is lovely.
Not only that...but the films...which they are...are getting better and better and more and more mature, and dark as the story progresses...which is beautiful...and I could eat them up with a spoon :) 


Today, while I was hacking up a jumper...oops...I had The Order of the Phoenix on...I think it played 2 or 3 times...I didn't even feel the time pass...thats how wrapped up I become...and so help me...as soon as I am well...Im going to Castlebar to see the new installment...if I have to walk there barefoot, through 6 meter deep snow drifts...I am going to see it, and that is final...
Because it does mean something to me...Harry Potter has been at several significant parts of my life...when me, al and the boy went to London, the summer before last, we went to see The Half-Blood Prince...in one of those big cinema houses off Leister Square...The books got me through that summer...which was an uncertain one, as I didn't know if I would be getting accepted back to do 4th year...They are also the first series of books that I've ever read...really...the only books that I've ever read, that I wasn't forced to read, that I truly enjoyed...I'm not much of a reader, if there's not pictures...but because of how well they are written...you can make your own pictures...so easily...it is effortless...you don't even feel like your reading them...

I love love love Harry Potter...so when I stumbled across this today, it made me quite sad...this has obviously been such a huge part of Daniel Radcliffe's life...and now that its all over...well...you know...it must be hard...for all that to just...end...



I know that they are all going to go on and do really well for themselves...if they don't crash and burn, which I'm hoping they wont...I hope they all stay grounded and have strong careers...and try to not get sucked into the machine...it is sad that Harry Potter has come to its end...but all good things come to an end, don't they ? :)





No comments:

Post a Comment